In College Now college-credit courses, qualified 11th and 12th grade students are able to earn college credit as they develop both college readiness and subject-area skills.
College Credit Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible to enroll in most college-credit courses, high school students must meet the same college readiness benchmarks as undergraduate students. GPA (grade point average) may also be taken into account in determining eligibility.
- For a math class or class with math prerequisite:
- 70 or better on New York State Regents Examinations in Algebra 1 or Geometry OR 65 or higher on Algebra 2
- 530 or better on SAT math section
- ACT Math score of 21 or higher
- For all other classes:
- 75 or better on English Language Arts (ELA) Regents
- 480 or better on SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section
- ACT English score of 20 or higher
*Some programs consider students qualified if they have earned a GPA of 85 or better (calculated after completion of 4 semesters of high school).
- Certain College Now programs may offer a limited number of gateway courses, college-credit courses available for students that may not yet meet college-readiness benchmarks.
- Though most College Now programs follow a standard set of guidelines, requirements vary from campus to campus.
- For instance, some courses may require even higher scores and/or sitting for a placement exam.
- In general, the best way to learn about qualifications for a specific course in a College Now program is to contact your high school’s CN liaison or CN staff at the college offering the course.
College Now College Credit Course Search:
You may search for college-credit, college-credit gateway, and zero-credit developmental courses offered through College Now through this engine by college and/or subject.