In College Now college-credit courses, qualified 11th and 12th grade students are able to earn college credit as they develop both college readiness and subject-area skills.
Participation in College Now is open to NYCDOE public high school students, including registered home schooled students and students with disabilities. The program’s dual enrollment offerings are geared toward 11th and 12th grade students.
College Credit Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible to enroll in most college-credit courses, high school students must be in the 11th or 12th grades and meet the same college readiness benchmarks as undergraduate students. GPA (grade point average) may also be taken into account in determining eligibility.
- For a math class or class with math prerequisite:
- 70 or better on New York State Regents Examinations in Algebra 1 or Geometry OR 65 or higher on Algebra 2
- 530 or better on SAT math section
- ACT Math score of 21 or higher
- For all other classes:
- 75 or better on English Language Arts (ELA) Regents
- 480 or better on SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section
- ACT English score of 20 or higher
*Some programs consider students qualified if they have earned a GPA of 85 or better (calculated after completion of 4 semesters of high school).
- Certain College Now programs may offer a limited number of gateway courses, college-credit courses available for students that may not yet meet college-readiness benchmarks.
- Though most College Now programs follow a standard set of guidelines, requirements vary from campus to campus.
- For instance, some courses may require even higher scores and/or sitting for a placement exam.
- In general, the best way to learn about qualifications for a specific course in a College Now program is to contact your high school’s CN liaison or CN staff at the college offering the course.
College Now College Credit Course Search:
You may search for college-credit, college-credit gateway, and zero-credit developmental courses offered through College Now through this engine by college and/or subject.