Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to walk in the shoes of a college student? Here is your chance to find out!
College Now at Baruch College offers college-credit courses for qualified high school students who are interested in gaining a headstart in their college careers. This is your opportunity to enroll in interesting courses, meet new friends, and earn college credit—all for free.
What do we ask of you in return? Hard work, dedication, and a commitment to academic excellence.
Courses Tailored to Your Qualifications
College Now at Baruch College offers:
- college-credit courses in business, public administration, foreign languages, social sciences, and mathematics
- non-credit workshops in the sciences and creative writing
- an early college awareness program for students in the 9th grade
Access to Award-Winning Facilities
Students enrolled in college-credit courses may use the following facilities:
- Athletic and Recreation Complex. The fitness center contains state-of-the-art weight training equipment such as lifecycles, recumbent bikes, stair climbers, treadmills and elliptical bicycles. The Olympic-size pool accommodates open and lap swimming.
- Computer Lab. The Baruch Computing and Technology Center is the largest student computing center in New York City. It provides computer access to 250 students at a time.
- Baruch’s William and Anita Newman Library. In 2003, Baruch’s library won the prestigious Excellence in Academic Libraries Award for best college library in the nation from the Association of College and Research Libraries.
What Our Students Are Saying…
“[College Now] was an excellent program which helped to give me a taste of what college life will be like. I really look forward to other students in my school participating in this program.”
“This course [Introduction to Business] is very helpful. It offers me the opportunity to learn about business, which is a field that I am planning to major in. This course also gives me the chance to be a college student and know what to expect when I’m off to college.”
“Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to take college courses at Baruch and use Baruch Facilities. I feel fortunate and blessed to have been embraced by educators who believed in a student’s true learning. Thank you!”
We look forward to meeting you at Baruch College!
- Search for your high school. If your high school is a partner, make a note of its Baruch College Now liaison. The liaison is the person you’ll need to contact to see exactly what courses and activities are open to you, deadlines for enrollment, etc.
- If your high school is not officially partnered with Baruch, you can contact Central Office CN staff to inquire about your options.