LaGuardia’s College Now program seeks to prepare high school students for successful academic performance in college and to facilitate their transition from high school to college.
Most classes take place at our partner high schools. In addition, we offer several college classes on our campus through our Campus Cohort program. A select group of students also join us each year through our College Connection program which allows high school juniors and seniors to take regularly scheduled classes with other college students.
Options for Nearly Everyone
Whether you’re a 10th grader, an English Language Learner, or a qualified junior or senior, you can find what you need to succeed at LaGuardia College Now.
- 10th grade electives. We offer college-readiness English and math courses. These non-credit courses can help you do better on the ELA and Integrated Algebra Regents as they prepare you for the college-credit courses you can choose in 11th or 12th grade.
- ESL programs. Queens is one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse places in the world. Like our college, our partner high schools have students from many different countries, some of whom are learning English as a second (or third, or fourth) language. If you are an ESL student, you can take advantage of our speech, syntax and advanced reading courses.
- College-credit courses. We offer college credit-classes in many different subjects including art, business, communications, English, mathematics, psychology, and biology. In addition to helping you earn credit for college, our courses sharpen your thinking and writing skills—preparing you for the future.
- Search for your high school. If your high school is a partner, make a note of its LaGuardia College Now liaison. The liaison is the person you’ll need to contact to see exactly what courses and activities are open to you, deadlines for enrollment, etc.
- If your high school is not officially partnered with LaGuardia, you can contact Central Office CN staff to inquire about your options.