What is the best way for high school students to prepare for college? How about enrolling in the College Now program and completing a college course on a college campus?
The College Now program at Lehman College offers highly motivated high school students the opportunity to take college-credit courses while they are still in high school. The credits that students accumulate through the College Now program are transferable to other CUNY colleges, SUNY colleges, and most private universities.
The program pays for tuition, books, and all other student fees.
Academically qualified students can take college-credit courses in a wide variety of subjects such as English composition, economics, mathematics, philosophy, psychology, and sociology. All the courses are taught on the Lehman College campus by Lehman College faculty.
Students who do not yet qualify for college-credit courses will be given the opportunity to take College Now workshops (some for high school credit) in exciting subjects like forensics, digital art, and spoken word.
All College Now students receive a Lehman College ID which gives them access to:
- the Lehman College Library
- the Lehman College Information Technology Center and
- APEX , Lehman’s state-of-the-art athletic facility
- Search for your high school. If your high school is a partner, make a note of its Lehman College Now liaison. The liaison is the person you’ll need to contact to see exactly what courses and activities are open to you, deadlines for enrollment, etc.
- If your high school is not officially partnered with Lehman, you can contact Central Office CN staff to inquire about your options.