Getting a head start on your college career is easy with College Now at Queensborough Community College. Our program allows qualified students to take college courses (and college preparatory courses)—for free—while still in high school. There are no registration, tuition, or book fees.
And getting to class couldn’t be more convenient—most of QCC’s College Now classes take place right at your high school, either before or after regular school hours. In some cases classes are offered on the college grounds, giving you a chance to experience campus life.
What Interests You?
College Now at Queensborough Community College offers a variety of courses, including:
- college preparatory classes to prepare you for the rigors of college math and language demands
- an English Language Learners workshop to coach for the ELA (English Language Arts) Regents
- college-level courses in acting, biology, business, chemistry, computers, English, history, mathematics, music, psychology, physics, sociology, speech, and web technology.
College Now Benefits Your Mind and Body
Students who take courses for college credit are eligible to use the facilities of Queensborough Community College once they get a QCC ID for that semester. This means you can:
- exercise your mind in our library and then
- give your body a workout in one of our fitness facilities, including our pool, gym, track, and tennis courts.
- Search for your high school. If your high school is a partner, make a note of its QCC College Now liaison. The liaison is the person you’ll need to contact to see exactly what courses and activities are open to you, deadlines for enrollment, etc.
- If your high school is not officially partnered with QCC, you can contact Central Office CN staff to inquire about your options.