Myself Third: Spirit of New York Scholarship
The Myself Third scholarship program has been made possible through a generous gift provided by City College alumnus, Robert Friedman. It was established in 2002 in tribute to those who participated in the rescue effort following the World Trade Center tragedy. The purpose of the program is to encourage and reward civic involvement of high school students.
The competition is open to New York City public high school seniors who have completed at least one college credit course in the College Now Program. In 2017, ONE (1), one-time award of $10,000 will be awarded to a CUNY-bound student enrolling in either an associates or baccalaureate degree program at any of CUNY’s 17 undergraduate colleges on a full-time basis.
Read more about last year’s Scholarship Winners in 2016.
Applicants must be nominated by a teacher or guidance counselor. They are required to submit an essay in which they discuss their feelings about America and the privilege of living and working in this country and also discuss how they became involved in helping their community, school, or fellow citizens.
Completed applications must include:
- an official transcript
- a description of volunteer, work, and extracurricular activities
- a letter of support from a nominating high school teacher or guidance counselor
- a letter of support from a volunteer supervisor
- Recommenders must use the forms available on the College Now website
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The completed applications must be received by the College Now office on a CUNY campus by MARCH 31, 2017.
- 2017 Myself Third Application Form
- Myself Third Essay Rubric
- Teacher / Guidance Counselor Letter of Support Recommendation Form
- Volunteer Supervisor Letter of Support Recommendation Form
For more information, contact College Now staff by sending us an email.