Application Quick Guide
The Application Quick Guide helps you determine which supplemental forms and approvals are necessary for your New York City Science and Engineering Fair (NYCSEF) application.
The NYCSEF rules and guidelines closely follow those set by the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair and in some cases have stricter parameters and regulations that address student research within our local setting. All students, teachers, and mentors should review the NYCSEF RULES and GUIDELINES and ISEF regulations carefully BEFORE and throughout all stages of experimentation.
1. If your experiment/project will be conducted at a college, university, medical or commercial research laboratory, you will need Regulated Research Institutional Form (1C)
5. If your experiment involves the use of vertebrate animals AND is conducted in a school/home/field research site (see pages 11-13 of the NYCSEF RULES and GUIDELINES), you will need Vertebrate Animal (5A)
6. If your experiment involves the use of vertebrate animals AND is conducted at a Regulated Research Institution (see pages 11-13 of the NYCSEF RULES and GUIDELINES), you will need Vertebrate Animal (5B)
9. If your experiment involves the use of human or vertebrate animal tissues (see pages 14-17 of the NYCSEF RULES and GUIDELINES), you will need BOTH the Potentially Hazardous Biological Agents Form 6A AND the Human and Vertebrate Animal Tissue Form (6B)
The NYCSEF Quick Guide cannot account for all specifics and situations of an individual or group project. You will also be notified if additional forms are needed to complete your application.
Specific questions or concerns should be addressed to NYCSEF Staff or the NYCSEF SRC via email at NYCSEF@cuny.edu.
You will need a PDF viewer like Adobe Reader to read the forms.
- 13Dec2013 NYCSEF Application Deadline
- 02Mar2014 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 25Mar2014 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History
- 27Mar2014 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Kaye Playhouse Theatre-Hunter College
- 11May2014 International Science & Engineering Fair Week in Los Angeles
NYCSEF Online Registration is now OPEN. Applications are due Friday, December 13, 2013.