The New York City Science and Engineering Fair (NYCSEF) and College Now Summer Research Program is a six-week summer research internship program for public high school students. The goal of the program is to give these students an introduction to scientific research under the guidance of CUNY research faculty and enhance in scientific reading, writing and communication. This summer program is sponsored by CUNY College Now, the Office of the Chancellor, and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.
Students will be required to attend weekly seminars, report to the laboratory at various CUNY campuses and present their summer work at a mini-conference in August.
Who is eligible?
- Must be a rising junior or senior
- Must be enrolled in a New York City public high school
Selected students will be invited to meet with the NYCSEF and College Now Program Staff to discuss their research interested and program expectations. Accepted students will be matched with a mentor best suited for their research interested. Prior to final placement, participating CUNY faculty will be provided with information on their prospective intern and will be able to meet with them one on one to discuss details about the specifics of their research.
*Please note that we will not be hosting a program in Summer 2013. However, other summer opportunities can be found under the Student Resource page.
- 13Dec2013 NYCSEF Application Deadline
- 02Mar2014 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 25Mar2014 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History
- 27Mar2014 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Kaye Playhouse Theatre-Hunter College
- 11May2014 International Science & Engineering Fair Week in Los Angeles
NYCSEF Online Registration is now OPEN. Applications are due Friday, December 13, 2013.