Volunteer to Judge
We need your help in making the New York City Science and Engineering Fair memorable for some of the brightest high school investigators in the five boroughs. Each year, we receive hundreds of applications from public and private high school students throughout the five boroughs. From this submission pool, 525 projects will display and demonstrate their science and technology projects in a preliminary round of competition, and about 150 at the final round. Approximately 20 students are selected to represent New York City at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in May.
We need more than 300 volunteer judges (scientists, engineers, teachers, and other professionals) to evaluate the presentation of the exhibits and the scientific or engineering processes (see our general judging guidelines for details). Your time commitment would only be a few hours on either day.
If you would like to sign-up as a judge, please click here.
You can also email us at NYCSEF@cuny.edu if you have any questions.
We hope you see you at the next NYCSEF!
- 13Dec2013 NYCSEF Application Deadline
- 02Mar2014 NYCSEF Preliminary Round @ The City College of New York
- 25Mar2014 NYCSEF Finals Round @ The American Museum of Natural History
- 27Mar2014 NYCSEF Awards Ceremony @ The Kaye Playhouse Theatre-Hunter College
- 11May2014 International Science & Engineering Fair Week in Los Angeles
Results from the Preliminary Round will be posted online by the end of the day on Friday, March 7th.