Monday through Thursday (Class trips on two Fridays - July 21 & 28)
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Metrocards and lunch vouchers provided.
- Be a New York City public high school student, entering 12th grade in September 2017
- Have a minimum overall high school GPA of 75
- Attend an orientation session in June
- Show evidence of a strong interest in maritime technology by submitting an essay that explains why you want to enroll in this program
- Be prepared to go outdoors in all types of weather and provide your own waterproof footwear and outerwear, and notebooks and pens
- Submit an application, an official copy of your high school transcript, and a parental consent form allowing participation in the program and travel to trip locations
Participation is capped at 16 students due to limited space on the boat. Students who come from schools with maritime themes or Kingsborough Community College partner schools will be given priority, but eligible students from other public schools may attend if space permits.
- Students may have no more than two unexcused absences
- Graded quizzes, boat-handling demonstrations, and exams are mandatory
- Students must participate fully in all classes, trips, and other activities
For more information on this program contact Kingsborough Community College's College Now staff.