College Now @ Hostos Community College
Digital Design and Urban Investigation
Collaborate with your peers and a practicing designer to make a work of art that explores how the city works!
Work with the Center for Urban Pedagogy (CUP) on an Urban Investigation to create video, murals, and publications that explore the inner workings of the Bronx through a social justice lens. You will learn and use videography, investigative research, animation, model-making, and design skills. In addition, you will create real tools that advocacy organizations will use to teach others about important community issues.
Urban Investigators will:
- Go on behind-the-scenes interviews and site visits around the city
- Learn investigative journalism skills
- Learn to communicate ideas through design
- Create art and design work that travels widely and educates others
June 27 – August 7, 2013
Monday through Thursday
9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
This is a pre-college activity.
Metrocards and lunch vouchers provided.
- Be a New York City public high school student, entering 10th or 11th grade in September 2013
- Submit an application, including an essay and recommendation from a teacher or counselor.
For more information on this program, please visit Hostos Community College's College Now web page, or contact Hostos College Now staff