Are you a chocolate lover? Ever wonder where your chocolate comes from? How it’s produced?
What factors affect that production, and the impact this has on the chocolate you eat?
This summer, we invite you to join College Now at LaGuardia for HUP106: Social and Political Philosophy / Making a World of Difference. In this program, you will:
- Learn social and political philosophical theories which will guide your exploration of global issues and their connection to you;
- Read global authors;
- Complete the Chocolate Project, as well as a Current Events and a Social Media Advocacy Project, on issues of your choice;
- Work with two highly qualified and experienced instructors;
- Be treated to some great chocolate!
Monday through Thursday (with an exceptional class on Friday, July 7)
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Metrocards and lunch vouchers provided.
- Be a New York City public high school student entering 11th or 12th grade in September 2017.
- Have a minimum score of 75 on the English Language Arts (ELA) Regents
- Though this program is open to all eligible students, preference will be given to students with College Now experience, particularly in Critical Thinking, ENG101, Sociology or Global Politics.
For more information on this program contact LaGuardia Community College's College Now staff.