College Now @ City College of New York
Summer Architecture Program
If you are inspired by New York City's world famous architecture, you may want to study at one of its' world famous schools of architecture: the City College of New York.
CCNY's College Now Summer Architecture Program offers rigorous coursework on the basics of architecture; critical thinking, aesthetics, structural integrity and the inherent properties of material. Drawing exercises and formal architectural theory provide a full immersion in this exciting field. Visits to sites of architectural interest and museums, such as The Cloisters and the Museum of Modern Art, round out the semester.
In the 6-credit General Architecture Elective you will be assigned two major and concurrent design projects. The first involves studying and mapping two places in a comparison and contrast that culminates in a visual presentation. The second is a more traditional architectural design project in which you will build a model of a site, and then design a "habitat" for a particular client.
June 29 – August 6, 2015
Monday through Thursday
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Up to 6 college credits upon successful completion.
Metrocards and lunch vouchers provided.
- You must be a New York City public high school student, entering 11th, or 12th grade in September 2015
- Have a minimum overall grade point average of 80
- Have one of the following:
- an ELA Regents score of 75 OR
- a SAT CR score of 480 OR
- a PSAT CR score of 48
- Submit a copy of your transcript
- Students coming from City College partner schools will be given priority, but eligible students from other public schools may attend if space permits.
For more information on this program contact City College's College Now staff.