- Earn college credit in math or science by taking rigorous classes and labs that you ordinarily wouldn't have the time for during the regular academic year. You may choose from:
CHEM100 Essentials of General Chemistry; CHEM101 Inquiries into the Nature of Matter; COMHE330 Principles of Epidemiology; GEOL105 Introduction to Environmental Geosciences; PHYS100 Basic Concepts of Physics; PHYS101 Study of Selected Phenomena; STAT113 Elementary Probability & Statistics
- Expand your horizons with non-credit correlating workshop in the subject of your choice.
- Become familiar and comfortable with a college campus: its facilities, staff, and students.
Monday through Thursday
9:30 AM to 1:50 or 3:50 PM, depending on courses chosen
Metrocards and lunch vouchers provided.
- For Epidemiology - a score of 50+ on Verbal PSAT or 80+ on ELA Regents Exam or 500+ on Verbal SAT I
- For Physics or Chemistry - a score of 50+ on Math PSAT or 80+ on a math Regents Exam (or Chemistry or Physics) or 500+ on Math SAT I
- For Geology - a score of 50+ on Verbal PSAT or 80+ on ELA Regents Exam or 500+ on Verbal SAT I
- For Statistics - 80+ on math Regents Exam or 500+ on math SAT I
Mandatory Orientation Dates: July 8th-9th
- Students may not miss a class without a written excuse or phone call from an adult family member.
- Students must complete all lab reports and pass midterm and final exams.
- Students must actively participate in the group and individual projects assigned in their workshops and share this work with their peers.
For more information on this program contact Hunter College's College Now staff.